- not visible; not perceptible by the eye: invisible fluid.
- withdrawn from or out of sight; hidden: an invisible seam.
- not perceptible or discernible by the mind: invisible differences.
- not ordinarily found in financial statements or reflected in statistics or a listing: Goodwill is an invisible asset to a business.
- concealed from public knowledge.
- an invisible thing or being.
- the invisible, the unseen or spiritual world.
Origin of invisible
Synonyms for invisibleSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for invisibleimperceptible, microscopic, unseen, inconspicuous, concealed, covert, deceptive, disguised, ethereal, gaseous, ghostly, ideal, impalpable, indiscernible, infinitesimal, insensible, intangible, masked, obliterated, occult
Examples from the Web for invisible
Contemporary Examples of invisible
Return fraud has been called the invisible heist—or “de-shopping.”The Insane $11 Billion Scam at Retailers’ Return Desks
December 19, 2014
No matter what Hitchcock said, what he did was to photograph our fears and make palpable the invisible.Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days
December 13, 2014
Other panelists rallied to the cause of “the invisible woman”—the second and generally anonymous egg donor.Want Blue Eyes With That Baby?: The Strange New World of Human Reproduction
November 24, 2014
He was a magician, an invisible teller of tales with the power to make my sides ache without telling a single joke.When Your Comic Hero Is an Alleged Rapist
November 18, 2014
Archaeology is about paying attention to things that have been or could be indetectable or invisible to others.The Real-Life Raiders of the Lost Ark
November 14, 2014
Historical Examples of invisible
"Great attractions, no doubt—to me invisible," blurted the major.Weighed and Wanting
Then these fell into place, and he was invisible, and soundless as well.Within the Law
The exquisite vision that came from the Invisible had returned to the Invisible.
See, here are my invisible companions, the virgins, who are ever near me and aid me.
But what was it that all these whisperings from the Invisible wished to explain?
- not visible; not able to be perceived by the eyeinvisible rays
- concealed from sight; hidden
- not easily seen or noticedinvisible mending
- kept hidden from public view; secret; clandestine
- economics of or relating to services rather than goods in relation to the invisible balanceinvisible earnings
- economics an invisible item of trade; service