- having equal diameters or axes.
- (of a spore or cell) having nearly equal diameters throughout.
- (of crystals) having two, or three, equal horizontal axes and a third, or fourth, unequal axis at right angles thereto.
Origin of isodiametric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for isodiametric
Historical Examples of isodiametric
Isodiametric, ī-so-dī-a-met′rik, adj. being of equal diameters.
- having diameters of the same length
- (of a crystal) having three equal axes
- (of a cell or similar body) having a similar diameter in all planes
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012