- any of several rapacious seabirds of the family Stercorariidae that pursue weaker birds to make them drop their prey.
- a hunter.
- a member of any of several groups of sharpshooters in the German or Austrian army.
Origin of jaeger
Examples from the Web for jaeger
Contemporary Examples of jaeger
Jaeger says Ashton “single-handedly lost the Casey Anthony case,” due to his “shenanigans.”Casey Anthony Prosecutor: Vote For Me!
July 12, 2012
Historical Examples of jaeger
How maddening if, seeing that I was an unprotected man, they palmed off Jaeger on me!Once a Week
Alan Alexander Milne
One had but to be near Master Jaeger for a time, and he could feel the power, just as I can feel it now.Indirection
Everett B. Cole
Patsy could just see the jaeger's teeth bared in a permanent grin.Patsy
S. R. Crockett
Jaeger was the detective who haunted the boxes at the opera.
Jaeger is watching the other, and the dark one is watching me.
- military a marksman in certain units of the German or Austrian armies
- a member of a light or mountain infantry unit in some European armies
- US and Canadian any of several skuas of the genus Stercorarius
- rare a hunter or hunter's attendant