- Al·ain Le·Roy [al-in luh-roi, lee-roi] /ˈæl ɪn ləˈrɔɪ, ˈli rɔɪ/, 1886–1954, U.S. educator and author.
- David RossPetroleum V. Nasby, 1833–88, U.S. humorist and journalist.
- John,1632–1704, English philosopher.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- John. 1632–1704, English philosopher, who discussed the concept of empiricism in his Essay Concerning Human Understanding (1690). He influenced political thought, esp in France and America, with his Two Treatises on Government (1690), in which he sanctioned the right to revolt
- Matthew. ?1630–77, English composer, esp of works for the stage
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012