- to ring or toll a bell for; announce by tolling.
- to ring or toll (a bell).
- to sound, as a bell; ring.
- to sound a knell.
- a stroke of a bell in ringing or tolling.
Origin of knoll2
Examples from the Web for knoller
Contemporary Examples of knoller
As the briefing ended, Knoller asked Carney, essentially: Was it good for him?Jay Carney's White House Debut
February 16, 2011
- a small rounded hill
Word Origin for knoll
- an archaic or dialect word for knell
Word Origin and History for knoller
Old English cnoll "hilltop, small hill, clod, ball," related to Old Norse knollr "hilltop;" German knolle "clod, lump;" Dutch knol "turnip," nol "a hill."