- John or JamesTah-gah-jute, c1725–80, leader of the Cayuga tribe.
- Joshua,1908–1988, U.S. playwright, director, and producer.
- Mount, a mountain in Canada, in the Mount Elias Mountains: second highest peak in North America. 19,850 feet (6050 meters).
- a city in N Utah.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for logan
Religious leaders were there, Logan said, but not all of them were dressed in typical preacher garb.The Baptism of Michael Brown Sr. and Ferguson’s Baptism by Fire
November 27, 2014
For his part, Logan now believes that more than 95 percent of cone bearing trees are infected.
Logan complains that his requests for information remain unanswered.
On Tuesday, Logan pointed to a stained spot of concrete near two dumpsters where he gave Poindexter impromptu last rites.
DeCarli knew this off the top of his head, but Logan had to think for a minute.
The magnanimous and intrepid Logan resolved on making an effort to save him.
The story of his final rescue by Logan, is related by Withers below.
Mr. Logan writes to the papers for an explanation which is given in a footnote.Ireland as It Is
Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
Lefever, picking Logan, the foremost, sent a warning shot in front of him.
Logan raised his voice to repeat the words and to add a ribald comment.
- other names for rocking stone
C18: from logging-stone, from dialect log to rock
- Canadian another name for bogan 1
- Mount Logan a mountain in NW Canada, in SW Yukon in the St Elias Range: the highest peak in Canada and the second highest in North America. Height (after a re-survey in 1993): 5959 m (19 550 ft)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012