- suffering from bipolar disorder.
- a person suffering from this disorder.
Origin of manic-depressive
Related Words for manic-depressiveinsane, unhinged, mental, demented, mad, schizophrenic, crazy, lunatic, nuts, sick, psycho, manic-depressive, distracted, psychopathic, unbalanced, certifiable
Examples from the Web for manic-depressive
Contemporary Examples of manic-depressive
Saint Laurent was at his best a genius, and at his worst a manic-depressive genius.Remembering YSL's Muse
November 7, 2011
Historical Examples of manic-depressive
Aye, prodigious—and dangerous in his manic-depressive state.Walls of Acid
The cases in this family seem all to be instances of manic-depressive insanity.Being Well-Born
Michael F. Guyer
Such is our view of the etiology of manic-depressive insanity as a whole.
Occasionally it shows, superficially, a similarity to the manic-depressive type.
A book on "the psychology of manic-depressive insanity" will shortly appear by the editor.
- denoting a mental disorder characterized either by an alternation between extreme euphoria and deep depression (bipolar manic-depressive disorder or syndrome) or by depression on its own or (rarely) by elation on its own (unipolar disorder)
- a person afflicted with this disorderCompare cyclothymia
- Of, relating to, or affected by bipolar disorder.
- A person who is afflicted with bipolar disorder.