- matrix(def 14).
- a tape or disk from which duplicates may be made.
verb (used with object)
Origin of master
OTHER WORDS FROM master
Words nearby master
Example sentences from the Web for mastering
But truth be told, I never came close to mastering the language despite my excellent grades.
The Macallan represents a lifestyle; the kind that represents a person set on mastering their craft.
I would say timing and mastering topography were two of them.
The positives of meditation are many, but mastering the practice can be a challenge.High-Tech Meditation: Swap Your Yogi for a Headset|Gregory Ferenstein|April 14, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Rather, he seems intent on mastering one particular but highly important element of it: empathy.
He heard faintly the howling of the dogs, and had a fleeting thought that in the mastering of his flesh the frost no longer bit.The Turtles of Tasman|Jack London
"I crave thy pardon, Mistress Fawkes," he continued with a bow, mastering his surprise.The Fifth of November|Charles S. Bentley
I had spent my days in mastering an inadequate and archaic code—why?A Far Country, Complete|Winston Churchill
More than once she has seemed on the point of mastering the nations of the West.The Conquest of New France|George M. Wrong
When all this is done, one of the most important tasks remains: that of mastering time in all its branches.
British Dictionary definitions for mastering (1 of 2)
- a person with exceptional skill at a certain thinga master of the violin
- (as modifier)a master thief
- a person who has complete control of a situation
- an abstract thing regarded as having power or influencethey regarded fate as the master of their lives
- a workman or craftsman fully qualified to practise his trade and to train others in it
- (as modifier)master carpenter
- an original copy, stencil, tape, etc, from which duplicates are made
- (as modifier)master copy
Derived forms of mastermasterdom, nounmasterhood, nounmasterless, adjectivemastership, noun
Word Origin for master
British Dictionary definitions for mastering (2 of 2)
Idioms and Phrases with mastering
see past master.