- a native or inhabitant of Milan, Italy.
- the Italian dialect spoken in Milan.
- (lowercase) Textiles.
- a run-resistant, warp-knitted fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon used in the manufacture of women's apparel.
- a warp-knit structure in which two sets of threads are knitted in an interlocking series forming a crossed diagonal or diamond pattern.
- the machine that produces this knit structure.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Milan, Italy, its inhabitants, or their dialect of Italian.
- Italian Cookery.
- (especially of meats) coated with flour or bread crumbs and browned in hot oil or butter.
- (especially of pasta) having a sauce of tomatoes, mushrooms, grated cheese, shredded meat, and truffles: spaghetti Milanese.
Origin of Milanese
Examples from the Web for milanese
Contemporary Examples of milanese
In fact, as Ihrig points out, Mussolini called himself “the Mustafa Kemal of a Milanese Ankara” as he began his own power-grab.The 20th-Century Dictator Most Idolized by Hitler
November 24, 2014
"All the girls at Arcore took photos," Ruby told the Milanese police.Will Berlusconi Get the Boot?
Barbie Latza Nadeau
November 7, 2010
The Milanese gallery Zero was showing just one piece by a Rumanian artist, Victor Man.The Coolest Works at Frieze
October 22, 2009
Historical Examples of milanese
He again entered the Milanese in 1525, and retook the capital.
With the Milanese he proposed to buy Lorraine from its Duke.The History of England from the Accession of James II.
Thomas Babington Macaulay
To these may be added another Milanese appellation, panzanega.Italian Popular Tales
Thomas Frederick Crane
But Charles of Anjou owed his throne, in reality, to the assistance of the Milanese.On the Old Road, Vol. 2 (of 2)
There are two claimants on the Milanese, then; the Spanish Termagant, and he?History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Vol. XII. (of XXI.)
- of or relating to Milan, its people, culture, etc
- of a fine lightweight knitted fabric of silk, rayon, etc
- the Italian dialect spoken in Milan
- plural -ese a native or inhabitant of Milan