- Also called Chantilly, Chantilly sauce. hollandaise sauce mixed with whipped cream.
- any prepared dish made light and fluffy or airy, as by the mixing in of whipped cream or beaten egg whites.
- prepared or served with whipped cream.
Origin of mousseline1
Examples from the Web for mousseline
Historical Examples of mousseline
It is trimmed with mousseline de soie, and the flounce would hide the line.The Dull Miss Archinard
Anne Douglas Sedgwick
Walking dresses are much in vogue of barèges and mousseline, the body skirted, open in front, and lower down than in winter.
Boiled fish always has mousseline, Hollandaise, mushroom or egg sauce, and round scooped boiled potatoes sprinkled with parsley.Etiquette
- a fine fabric made of rayon or silk
- a type of fine glass
- short for mousseline sauce