- a list of persons who have died within a certain time.
- a notice of death; obituary.
Origin of necrology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for necrology
Necrology—The association has lost heavily by death during the past year.
- a list of people recently dead
- a less common word for obituary
Word Origin and History for necrology
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The science of the collection, classification, and interpretation of mortality statistics.