- communication by exchange of letters.
- a letter or letters that pass between correspondents: It will take me all day to answer this business correspondence.
- Also correspondency. an instance of corresponding.
- similarity or analogy.
- agreement; conformity.
- news, commentary, letters, etc., received from a newspaper or magazine correspondent.
- Mathematics. function(def 4a).
Origin of correspondence
Synonyms for correspondence
Examples from the Web for non-correspondence
Historical Examples of non-correspondence
Yet we have to admit the non-correspondence of the two systems.
- the act or condition of agreeing or corresponding
- similarity or analogy
- agreement or conformity
- communication by the exchange of letters
- the letters so exchanged
Word Origin and History for non-correspondence
early 15c., "harmony, agreement," from Medieval Latin correspondentia, from correspondentem (nominative correspondens), present participle of correspondere (see correspond). Sense of "communication by letters" is first attested 1640s.
- A relationship between corresponding points on each retina such that stimulation produces a single image.