- communication by exchange of letters.
- a letter or letters that pass between correspondents: It will take me all day to answer this business correspondence.
- Also correspondency. an instance of corresponding.
- similarity or analogy.
- agreement; conformity.
- news, commentary, letters, etc., received from a newspaper or magazine correspondent.
- Mathematics. function(def 4a).
Origin of correspondence
Synonyms for correspondence
Examples from the Web for non-correspondence
Historical Examples of non-correspondence
Yet we have to admit the non-correspondence of the two systems.
- the act or condition of agreeing or corresponding
- similarity or analogy
- agreement or conformity
- communication by the exchange of letters
- the letters so exchanged
early 15c., "harmony, agreement," from Medieval Latin correspondentia, from correspondentem (nominative correspondens), present participle of correspondere (see correspond). Sense of "communication by letters" is first attested 1640s.
- A relationship between corresponding points on each retina such that stimulation produces a single image.