- to represent numbers by symbols.
- enumerate(def 2).
- able to use or understand numerical techniques of mathematics.
Origin of numerate
Examples from the Web for numerated
Historical Examples of numerated
I have not numerated Noel's birthday presents because I wish to leave something to the imagination of my young readers.The Wouldbegoods
All actual division has a fixed limit and must have it, if the contradiction of a numerated innumerability is to be avoided.Landmarks of Scientific Socialism
- able to use numbers, esp in arithmetical operationsCompare literate
- to read (a numerical expression)
- a less common word for enumerate
Word Origin for numerate
1721, "to count," from Latin numeratus "counted out," past participle of numerare "to count, to number," from numerus "a number" (see number). Related: Numerated; numerating.