- of or relating to a personality style characterized by perfectionism, indecision, conscientiousness, concern with detail, rigidity, and inhibition.
- Psychiatry. of or relating to a neurosis characterized by persistent intrusion of unwanted thoughts (obsessions) or the performance of actions, as repeated hand-washing, that one is unable to stop (compulsions).
- a person having such a personality style.
Origin of obsessive-compulsive
Examples from the Web for obsessive-compulsive
Contemporary Examples of obsessive-compulsive
But it looks like it was created by crazed person with obsessive-compulsive behavior.Red Tape Is Strangling Good Samaritans
Philip K. Howard
December 27, 2014
“Obsessive-compulsive tendencies really help to enhance abilities,” Okun said.
He noted that people with the condition often have obsessive-compulsive tendencies.
“True Detective,” Obsessive-Compulsive Noir, and “Twin Peaks” by Jimmy So.ICYMI: Best of The Beast This Week
The Daily Beast
March 16, 2014
It is possible to name an ancestor to this obsessive-compulsive noir: David Lynch.‘True Detective,’ Obsessive-Compulsive Noir, and ‘Twin Peaks’
March 14, 2014
- Having a tendency to dwell on unwanted thoughts or perform certain repetitious rituals, especially as a defense against anxiety from unconscious conflicts.
- A person who exhibits obsessive-compulsive behavior.