- Claes (Thu·re) [klous too r-uh] /klaʊs ˈtʊər ə/, born 1929, U.S. sculptor, born in Sweden.
- a former state in NW Germany, now part of Lower Saxony.
- a city in Lower Saxony in NW Germany: former capital of Oldenburg.
Examples from the Web for oldenburg
Contemporary Examples of oldenburg
Coosje [van Bruggen] and Claes [Oldenburg]…the Christos…us.Inside the Kabokovs' ‘Strange City’
June 13, 2014
Oldenburg, for example, started out much too alive to her presence as she filmed.
Oldenburg just “being himself” is, in fact, Oldenburg as cast for a Tacita Dean production.
Oldenburg is equally still in his portrait, titled “Manhattan Mouse Museum.”
Historical Examples of oldenburg
Oldenburg has doubtless been frighted by the extravagances of the restored Court.Dreamers of the Ghetto
Dutchess of Oldenburg is regarded as excellent in Buffalo and Chicago.Apple Growing
M. C. Burritt
Of these the most celebrated are the Luck of Edenhall and the Oldenburg horn.The Science of Fairy Tales
Edwin Sidney Hartland
Some growers use Oldenburg as stock, and there are other good kinds.The Apple-Tree
L. H. Bailey
In the matter of Oldenburg, too, Napoleon had grievously offended.Moscow
- a city in NW Germany, in Lower Saxony: former capital of Oldenburg state. Pop: 158 340 (2003 est)
- a former state of NW Germany: became part of Lower Saxony in 1946
- Claes (klɔːs). born 1929, US pop sculptor and artist, born in Sweden