- to go beyond; outdistance: to outgo the minimum rquirements.
- to surpass, excel, or outdo: Each child was encouraged to outgo the others.
- Archaic. to go faster than; excel in speed.
Origin of outgo
Related Words for outgodisbursement, outlay, figure, consumption, price, rate, value, amount, cost, output, expense, investment, spending, expenditure, loan, funding, payment, outweigh, exceed, beat
Examples from the Web for outgo
Historical Examples of outgo
Dekker, however, is one of those authors whose personal effect tends to outgo the purely artistic one.
Roy turned the business around, watching the income and the outgo.Makers
The income and outgo of the body in both matter and energy is balanced.The Story of the Living Machine
H. W. Conn
All outgo and no income for four years is leaving the Strong finances in mighty precarious shape, I can tell you.Her Father's Daughter
In a general way, a depositor finds his income and his outgo balancing.The Value of Money
Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr.
- (tr) to exceed or outstrip
- cost; outgoings; outlay
- something that goes out; outflow