- a person or thing that runs ahead or outside.
- an attendant who runs before or beside a carriage.
- the leader of a team of dogs.
- a forerunner.
Origin of outrunner
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an attendant who runs in front of a carriage, etc
- the leading dog in a sled team
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012