See more synonyms for overbuild on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), o·ver·built, o·ver·build·ing.
- to erect too many buildings in (an area).
- to cover or surmount with a building or structure.
- to build (a structure) on too great or elaborate a scale.
verb (used without object), o·ver·built, o·ver·build·ing.
- to erect too many buildings in an area.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
British Dictionary definitions for overbuild
verb -builds, -building or -built (tr)
- to build over or on top of
- to erect too many buildings in (an area)
- to build too large or elaborately
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012