- an amount, bill, etc., that is to be paid.
- payables, the accounts payable of a business: Payables are now handled by our computer.
Origin of payable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (often foll by on) to be paidpayable on the third of each month
- that is capable of being paid
- capable of being profitable
- (of a debt) imposing an obligation on the debtor to pay, esp at once
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for payability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper