- to travel or journey, especially to walk on foot.
- to travel or walk over; traverse.
Origin of peregrinate
Related Words for peregrinaterepair, traverse, process, pass, junket, go, trip, voyage, proceed, jet, travel, cruise, tour, wander, jaunt, hop, fare, circuit, hie, fly
Examples from the Web for peregrinate
Historical Examples of peregrinate
But I seem to travel, to peregrinate, less and less—and I am reduced to living on my past accumulations.The Letters of Henry James (volume I)
- (intr) to travel or wander about from place to place; voyage
- (tr) to travel through (a place)
- an obsolete word for foreign
Word Origin for peregrinate
1590s, from Latin peregrinatus, past participle of peregrinari "to travel abroad, be alien," figuratively "to wander, roam, travel about," from peregrinus "foreign" (see peregrine).