- the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
Origin of pharmacology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for pharmacologic
This is the life of one of them and, in a pharmacologic sense, the story of us all.Dealing With Dad the Dealer
April 9, 2014
In any case, Shoemakers statement has no bearing whatever on the pharmacologic action of pure amorphous phosphorus.
No data on the pharmacologic actions of oxyl-iodide are presented in the manufacturers literature.
- the science of drugs, including their characteristics and uses
Word Origin and History for pharmacologic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The science of drugs, including their composition, uses, and effects.
- The characteristics or properties of a drug, especially those that make it medically effective.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The scientific study of drugs and their effects, especially in the treatment of disease.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.