- the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
Origin of pharmacology
Examples from the Web for pharmacologist
Historical Examples of pharmacologist
He was no anatomist, no physiologist, but rather what nowadays we should call a pharmacologist.Old-Time Makers of Medicine
James J. Walsh
In fact, in spite of that, she was a pharmacologist, that means she has a good head.Warren Commission (9 of 26): Hearings Vol. IX (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
- the science of drugs, including their characteristics and uses
Word Origin and History for pharmacologist
- The science of drugs, including their composition, uses, and effects.
- The characteristics or properties of a drug, especially those that make it medically effective.
- The scientific study of drugs and their effects, especially in the treatment of disease.