- the development or evolution of a particular group of organisms.
- the evolutionary history of a group of organisms, especially as depicted in a family tree.
Origin of phylogeny
Examples from the Web for phylogenesis
Historical Examples of phylogenesis
A similar connection determines the relation between ontogenesis and phylogenesis.Three Contributions to the Theory of Sex
We have concentrated the full force of our discussion upon an example drawn from phylogenesis.Creative Evolution
The ontogenesis of any given living organism is a short, condensed recapitulation of its ancestral history or of its phylogenesis.The Last Link
- biology the sequence of events involved in the evolution of a species, genus, etcCompare ontogeny
Word Origin for phylogeny
Word Origin and History for phylogenesis
- The evolutionary development and history of a species or higher taxonomic grouping of organisms.phylogenesis
- The evolutionary development of an organ or other part of an organism.
- The evolutionary development and history of a species or higher taxonomic grouping of organisms.