- a movie: He signed a three-picture deal to star in the new franchise.
- pictures, Older Use. movies collectively, as an art; cinema: So, you want to be in pictures?
Origin of picture
OTHER WORDS FROM picture
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH picturepicture , pitcher
How to use picture in a sentence
Lee and Coogan did briefly meet with the pope, with pictures to prove it, but no one at the Vatican officially screened the film.Pope Francis Has the Pleasure of Meeting Angelina Jolie for a Few Seconds|Barbie Latza Nadeau|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
“The cyber attack against Sony Pictures Entertainment was not just an attack against a company and its employees,” he said.Politicians Only Love Journalists When They're Dead|Luke O’Neil|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
MGM and Columbia are both subsidiaries of Sony Pictures Entertainment.Propaganda, Protest, and Poisonous Vipers: The Cinema War in Korea|Rich Goldstein|December 30, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Afterward, the graduates posed for pictures with their families.
Even Sony Pictures Classics, who distributed the Before trilogy?Coffee Talk with Ethan Hawke: On ‘Boyhood,’ Jennifer Lawrence, and Bill Clinton’s Urinal Exchange|Marlow Stern|December 27, 2014|DAILY BEAST
"The Smoker," and "Mother and Daughter," a triptych, are two of her principal pictures.
Was a pupil of Caspar Netscher of Heidelberg, whose little pictures are of fabulous value.
It is well known that Prud'hon and his pupil painted many pictures in collaboration.
The pictures of flowers which this artist paints prove her to be a devoted lover of nature.
Those four pictures—I would not sell those four Watteaus for one hundred thousand francs.Checkmate|Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
British Dictionary definitions for picture
- a visual representation of something, such as a person or scene, produced on a surface, as in a photograph, painting, etc
- (as modifier)picture gallery; picture postcard Related adjective: pictorial
- a motion picture; film
- (as modifier)picture theatre
Word Origin for picture
Other Idioms and Phrases with picture
In addition to the idiom beginning with picture
- picture is worth a thousand words, one
- get the message (picture)
- in the picture
- pretty as a picture
- take a picture
- the picture