- slightly eccentric or mentally disordered.
- amusingly whimsical, prankish, silly, or the like.
Origin of pixilated
- in computer graphics and digital photography, to cause (an image) to break up into pixels, as by overenlarging the image: When enlarging a photograph, first increase the resolution to avoid pixelating it.
- to blur (parts of a digital image) by creating unclear, pixel-like patches, for purposes of censorship or to maintain the anonymity of the subject: Police have asked the media to pixelate the faces of the men who were taken into custody.
- (of a computer graphic or other digital image) to break up into visible pixels: We tried to watch the old, scratched DVD, but the image pixelated before our eyes.
Origin of pixelate
Examples from the Web for pixilated
Contemporary Examples of pixilated
If users want to send naughty photos with a veil of privacy, opt for the pixilated shower door filter.Swipe Right For Sex: Mixxxer Is Tinder for the Porn Star Set
October 4, 2014
CNN ran the video in a pixilated version because of its graphic nature.How Neda Divided My Family
June 22, 2009
- eccentric or whimsical
- slang drunk
Word Origin for pixilated
- to blur (a video image) by overlaying it with a grid of squares, usually to disguise the identity of a person
Word Origin and History for pixilated
"mildly insane, bewildered, tipsy," 1848, pix-e-lated, from pixie + -lated, as in elated, etc., perhaps influenced by or a variant of pixie-led. A New England dialect word popularized 1936 by its use in movie "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town."