- an online message that is submitted to a message board or electronic mailing list.
- text, images, etc., that are placed on a website: a blog post.
- to submit (an online message) to a message board or electronic mailing list.
- to place (text, images, etc.) on a website: I just posted some photos of my trip.
- to submit an online message to a message board or electronic mailing list.
- to place text, images, etc., on a website.
Origin of post1
OTHER WORDS FROM postpostless, adverbpostlike, adjective
Words nearby post
Other definitions for post (2 of 5)
Origin of post2
synonym study for post
Other definitions for post (3 of 5)
- a single dispatch or delivery of mail.
- the mail itself.
- the letters and packages being delivered to a single recipient.
- an established mail system or service, especially under government authority.
- to transfer (an entry or item), as from the journal to the ledger.
- to enter (an item) in due place and form.
- to make all the requisite entries in (the ledger, etc.).
Origin of post3
Other definitions for post (4 of 5)
Other definitions for post (5 of 5)
Origin of post-
How to use post in a sentence
The post 8 Easy Snacks Your Kids Will Love appeared first on Essence.
The post Officials Worked To Deliberately Delay Release Of Daniel Prude Body Cam Footage appeared first on Essence.Officials Worked To Deliberately Delay Release Of Daniel Prude Body Cam Footage|mharris|September 17, 2020|Essence.com
The post WNBA Player Maya Moore Marries Jonathan Irons, The Man She Helped Free From Prison appeared first on Essence.WNBA Player Maya Moore Marries Jonathan Irons, The Man She Helped Free From Prison|Jasmine Grant|September 17, 2020|Essence.com
That means all their posts will have to be pre-approved by a group admin or moderator.Facebook tries to clean up Groups with new policies|Sarah Perez|September 17, 2020|TechCrunch
The post Tower 28 Announces Winner Of The Clean Beauty Summer School Program appeared first on Essence.Tower 28 Announces Winner Of The Clean Beauty Summer School Program|Hope Wright|September 17, 2020|Essence.com
Who among Scalise's constituents could possibly care if he supported naming a post office for a black judge who died in 1988?
Her post-crown fame, though, only further begs the question: Why has there not been another Jewish Miss America since 1945?Why Was Bess Myerson the First and Last Jewish Miss America?|Emily Shire|January 7, 2015|DAILY BEAST
Women are more likely to recover sooner from birth and less likely to experience post-partum depression.
Another set of hackers that goes by the name the Lizard Squad told the Washington Post that they helped with the Sony hack.U.S. Spies Say They Tracked ‘Sony Hackers’ For Years|Shane Harris|January 2, 2015|DAILY BEAST
In the wake of this turmoil, the New York Post reported that the police had stopped policing.
I waited three months more, in great impatience, then sent him back to the same post, to see if there might be a reply.
If Mac had been alone he would have made the post by sundown, for the Mounted Police rode picked horses, the best money could buy.Raw Gold|Bertrand W. Sinclair
The Café tender was asleep in his chair; the porter had gone off; the sentinel alone kept awake on his post.Glances at Europe|Horace Greeley
Harry had no further adventures in reaching Fulton, and at once reported to Captain Duffield, who was in command of the post.The Courier of the Ozarks|Byron A. Dunn
This, of course, I always gave to the guide to use in sending the letter when he got to the trading-post.
British Dictionary definitions for post (1 of 5)
- either of two upright poles marking the beginning (starting post) and end (winning post) of a racecourse
- the finish of a horse race
Word Origin for post
British Dictionary definitions for post (2 of 5)
Word Origin for post
British Dictionary definitions for post (3 of 5)
- to enter (an item) in a ledger
- (often foll by up) to compile or enter all paper items in (a ledger)
Word Origin for post
British Dictionary definitions for post (4 of 5)
British Dictionary definitions for post (5 of 5)
Word Origin for post-
Medical definitions for post
Scientific definitions for post
Other Idioms and Phrases with post
see deaf as a post; from pillar to post; keep posted.