- a pepper, Capsicum annuum longum, cultivated in many varieties, the yellow or red pods of which are used for flavoring, sauces, etc.
- the mild, ripe fruit of the sweet pepper, Capsicum annuum grossum, used as a vegetable.
Origin of red pepper
Related Words for red pepperjalapeno
Examples from the Web for red pepper
Historical Examples of red pepper
Will throw his red-pepper dust into the eyes of any that come out.The Entailed Hat
George Alfred Townsend
Mix cooked cauliflower flowerets with Mayonnaise and serve in red-pepper shells on lettuce with Mayonnaise on top.The Myrtle Reed Cook Book
It is a sedative for grief resembling a handful of red-pepper thrown into inflamed eyes.
Then the hare clapped on the red-pepper plaster, and ran away, while the badger rolled in pain.
- any of several varieties of the pepper plant Capsicum frutescens, cultivated for their hot pungent red podlike fruits
- the fruit of any of these plants
- the ripe red fruit of the sweet pepper
- another name for cayenne pepper