return-flue boiler

[ ri-turn-floo ]
/ rɪˈtɜrnˈflu /


a fire-tube boiler having flues that collect the combustion gases at the end of the boiler opposite the fire door and pass them through the boiler to an uptake above the fire door.


How Hip Is Your Lingo? Take Our Slang Quiz!
If you aren’t already skilled in slang, then this quiz can get you up to speed in no time!
Question 1 of 11
OK Boomer can be perceived as pejorative, but it is mostly considered to be _____
Also called re·turn-tu·bu·lar boil·er [ri-turn-too-byuh-ler, -tyoo-] /rɪˈtɜrnˈtu byə lər, -ˈtyu-/.

Origin of return-flue boiler

First recorded in 1885–90 Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020