- (of a solution) containing the maximum amount of solute capable of being dissolved under given conditions.
- (of an organic compound) containing no double or triple bonds; having each single bond attached to an atom or group.
- (of an inorganic compound) having no free valence electrons.
THINK YOU’VE GOT A HANDLE ON THIS US STATE NICKNAME QUIZ?
OTHER WORDS FROM saturatednon·sat·u·rat·ed, adjectivesub·sat·u·rat·ed, adjective
Words nearby saturated
Example sentences from the Web for saturated
It certainly seemed like the super-saturated group was different.Rock Candy Science 2: No such thing as too much sugar|Bethany Brookshire|April 30, 2020|Science News For Students
All these talented chefs are graduating from these old-guard kitchens and branching out and the market is saturated.
At 96 percent water, cukes have no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are very high in vitamin K, vitamin B6 and iron.
I pitched the colors, how saturated it was going to be—a living comic book is the way I wanted to do it.Vampires without Glitter or Girl Problems: Inside Guillermo del Toro’s ‘The Strain’|Andrew Romano|July 14, 2014|DAILY BEAST
On the way down into Spain the road several times broke from tree cover in valleys that were a sea of saturated emerald.
In fact, the correction of the Cambridge study had to do with polyunsaturated fats—not saturated fats.
Gene's skin crawled and prickled with the energies that saturated the room.The Hell Ship|Raymond Alfred Palmer
They may sometimes be removed by the application of a saturated solution of alum.The Barnet Book of Photography|Various
(after directions to take one drachm of aceto-nitrate of silver), of the words "one drachm of saturated solution of gallic acid."
My clothes were saturated with the chilling rain, and my face and hands bedabbled with mud and dirt.Bill Biddon, Trapper|Edward S. Ellis
Make a saturated solution of hypo and dilute it with an equal bulk of water.Photography in the Studio and in the Field|Edward M. Estabrooke
British Dictionary definitions for saturated
- containing no multiple bonds and thus being incapable of undergoing additional reactionsa saturated hydrocarbon
- containing no unpaired valence electrons