- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section . any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
OTHER WORDS FOR section
Origin of section
synonym study for section
OTHER WORDS FROM sectionhalf-section, nounmul·ti·sec·tion, adjectiveun·sec·tioned, adjective
How to use section in a sentence
We’ll see what each section is telling us, and how they all start to fit together with the revelations of the final section.The mind-boggling end of Susan Choi’s Trust Exercise, explained|Constance Grady|November 20, 2020|Vox
We marked this section for spoilers, but really, if you thought Dean, with his perpetual death wish, was going to make it through the series finale, you’ve been watching a different show.Supernatural’s bonkers series finale marked the end of an era of fandom|Aja Romano|November 20, 2020|Vox
The interview and speech excerpt section is more engaging, mostly because it contains flesh-and-blood details about the man and not just Amazon.Jeff Bezos’s thoughts on Big Business, outer space and The Washington Post|James Ledbetter|November 20, 2020|Washington Post
In the My Competitors section, you’ll find rivaling websites that rank for the keywords that you added to your project.Analyzing competition with SE Ranking tools|Sponsored Content: SE Ranking|November 19, 2020|Search Engine Land
The e-commerce giant on Tuesday unveiled Amazon Pharmacy, a section of its retail website and mobile application that lets people order medication.Amazon Pharmacy is live: Shoppers can now order prescriptions directly through the tech giant|Rachel Schallom|November 17, 2020|Fortune
Incisor sectioning requires only incisors and appears to be much more accurate.
They were not only running a straight survey, but were cross-sectioning as they went.The Conquest|Oscar Micheaux
Figure 29 is the equatorial plate of a metaphase in which the larger component of the unequal pair has been removed in sectioning.Studies in Spermatogenesis|Nettie Maria Stevens
On sectioning the bones longitudinally the cortex is noted to be exceedingly thin, a mere shell and very brittle.Scurvy Past and Present|Alfred Fabian Hess
British Dictionary definitions for section
- a plane surface formed by cutting through a solid
- the shape or area of such a plane surfaceCompare cross section (def. 1)
- an extended division of a composition or movement that forms a coherent part of the structurethe development section
- a division in an orchestra, band, etc, containing instruments belonging to the same classthe brass section