- bright or glossy in appearance.
- filled with light, as by sunshine.
- rubbed or worn to a glossy smoothness, as clothes.
Origin of shiny
Synonyms for shiny
Related Words for shinierpolished, slick, sparkling, gleaming, glossy, lustrous, clear, satiny, sunny, agleam, burnished, sheeny
Examples from the Web for shinier
Historical Examples of shinier
The second cube came back unchanged, except that it was newer, shinier.Hall of Mirrors
At the end of the gully was a new Teal bug, shinier than the ancient lost chariot, but equally gay and uncomfortable.Free Air
This softens the surface fibers, and they can then be rolled flatter and hence take a shinier surface.From Paper-mill to Pressroom
William Bond Wheelwright
We agreed that our car had never looked handsomer and shinier since our first day of ownership.The Car That Went Abroad
Albert Bigelow Paine
Many were bigger than mine, with newer and shinier things, but they did not seem to differ in kind.Darkwater
W. E. B. Du Bois
- glossy or polished; bright
- (of clothes or material) worn to a smooth and glossy state, as by continual rubbing