- bright or glossy in appearance.
- filled with light, as by sunshine.
- rubbed or worn to a glossy smoothness, as clothes.
Origin of shiny
Synonyms for shinySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for shininessgloss, glaze, shimmer, gleam, luster, patina, finish, glint, burnish, wax, polish, shininess
Examples from the Web for shininess
Historical Examples of shininess
Out of all nature they felt their function was to extract the grayness and shininess.Modern Painters, Volume V (of 5)
His friends had long remarked the disappearance of his shininess.Rogues and Vagabonds
George R. Sims
For example, hardness and shininess are qualities of the substance iron.A Critical History of Greek Philosophy
W. T. Stace
Kriijorl was smiling, and there was a shininess in Judith's eyes.The Women-Stealers of Thrayx
Fox B. Holden
The furniture sold by the payment houses always shows its source in its heaviness and shininess.The Upward Path
- glossy or polished; bright
- (of clothes or material) worn to a smooth and glossy state, as by continual rubbing