- an informal photograph, especially one taken quickly by a handheld camera.
- Hunting. a quick shot taken without deliberate aim.
- Informal. a brief appraisal, summary, or profile.
- to photograph informally and quickly.
Origin of snapshot
Related Words for snapshottedshoot, print, illustrate, reproduce, capture, picture, turn, get, lens, record, mug, snapshot, film, snap, copy, roll, take, photo, Photostat, microfilm
Examples from the Web for snapshotted
Historical Examples of snapshotted
Isabelle was snapshotted leaving the theatre, or riding in the Park.The Cricket
This clumsiness clings even to the photographs of public men, as they are snapshotted at public meetings.Utopia of Usurers and other Essays
Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Charmian and Claude had been snapshotted on the deck of the ship by a little army of journalists.The Way of Ambition
I've snapshotted about everything else around here, but I never thought of the sky.The Boy with the U. S. Weather Men
Francis William Rolt-Wheeler
- an informal photograph taken with a simple cameraOften shortened to: snap