- a game similar to soccer with the chief difference that a player catching the ball on the fly can pass it with the hands.
- Slang. any combination of a stimulant and a depressant taken together, especially a mixture of heroin and cocaine or heroin and methamphetamine injected into the bloodstream.
- Slang. to take a speedball, especially by injection.
Origin of speedball
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for speedballrapid, unexpected, hasty, nimble, sudden, abrupt, quick, speedy, expeditious, agile, brisk, hot, swift, sugar, crack, poison, narcotic, short, prompt, flying
- slang a mixture of heroin with amphetamine or cocaine
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- An intravenous dose of cocaine mixed with heroin or an amphetamine.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.