- Also strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
- the use or an instance of using this science or art.
- skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
- a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.
Origin of strategy
Related Words for strategyplanning, blueprint, scenario, system, project, action, program, design, plan, policy, scheme, approach, method, procedure, proposition, subtlety, story, angle, setup, scene
Examples from the Web for strategy
Contemporary Examples of strategy
That strategy has been used in some cases to help determine GMO policy.Anti-Fluoriders Are The OG Anti-Vaxxers
July 27, 2016
Take the chief metric of the war in Vietnam—body counts, which ultimately did not answer whether the strategy was working.Pentagon Doesn’t Know How Many People It’s Killed in the ISIS War
Nancy A. Youssef
January 7, 2015
Those who have watched anti-gay groups closely suggest that there will be two major strategic shifts in their strategy.‘Only God’ Can Stop Gay Marriage
January 6, 2015
We are developing a strategy next year that will permit them to march in the street.Before the Bros, SantaCon Was as an Anti-Corporate Protest
December 12, 2014
What was your strategy for going so quickly through so many plot points and locations for this first half of the season?‘Walking Dead’ Showrunner Scott Gimple Teases ‘Darker, Weirder’ Times Ahead
December 2, 2014
Historical Examples of strategy
Grace's strategy was very clever, but Nora's bullying is all wrong.Grace Harlowe's Return to Overton Campus
Jessie Graham Flower
She had a wicked delight in the defeat of his strategy which she could cleverly conceal.Quaint Courtships
In this strategy Winkleman with reluctance admired the white man's hands.The Leopard Woman
Stewart Edward White
Hindenburg's strategy had put this out of the range of possibility.
Why German strategy reached this conclusion does not concern us here.
- the art or science of the planning and conduct of a war; generalship
- a particular long-term plan for success, esp in business or politicsCompare tactics (def. 2)
- a plan or stratagem