- the totality of mental processes of which the individual is not aware; unreportable mental activities.
Origin of subconscious
Related Words for subconsciousnessthought, remembrance, recollection, mind, consciousness, psyche, reflection, mindfulness, recall, awareness, reminiscence, cognizance, recapture, flashback, recognition, retention, retrospection, anamnesis, subconsciousness, memorization
Examples from the Web for subconsciousness
Historical Examples of subconsciousness
It comes out of a subconsciousness in which death and not life is the base.The Conquest of Fear
They form a part, not of consciousness, but of subconsciousness.Applied Psychology: Making Your Own World
His subconsciousness was very powerfully alive in these days.The Money Master, Complete
Access to the subconsciousness is becoming commoner and simpler.Ghosts I Have Seen
The experience sank into the subconsciousness as seed to await fruition.The Brownings
- acting or existing without one's awarenesssubconscious motive
- The state in which mental processes take place without the conscious perception of the individual.
- Not wholly conscious; partially or imperfectly conscious.
- The part of the mind below the level of conscious perception.
The part of the psyche just below consciousness and capable of bursting into consciousness. For example, a repressed sexual desire is part of our subconsciousness, although we may at some time become conscious of it.