- a lease granted by one who is already a lessee of a property, as an apartment.
- to grant a sublease of.
- to take or hold a sublease of.
Origin of sublease
Related Words for subleasecharter, hire, sublet, appoint, engage, obtain, enlist, employ, draft, rent, promise, pick, retain, select, lease, loan, let, sublease, authorize, pledge
Examples from the Web for sublease
Historical Examples of sublease
A transfer of only a portion of a tenant's interest is a sublease.
The sale of the stock and the fine for the sublease will pay the debts of the corporation.The Royal Institution
A sublease is a transfer of a part of a tenant's interest in the leased premises.
A transfer by a tenant of an interest in the leased premises may be an assignment, or it may be a sublease.
If A leases the farm to C for five years, the transaction is a sublease.
- a lease of property made by a person who is himself a lessee or tenant of that property
- to grant a sublease of (property); sublet
- (tr) to take, obtain, or hold by sublease