- of or relating to the lower jaw or lower jawbone.
Origin of submaxillary
Examples from the Web for submaxillary
Historical Examples of submaxillary
The submaxillary glands may be, but are not always, enlarged.
These were closely attached to the submaxillary salivary glands.Plague
Thomas Wright Jackson
The following day, the tumour reached its maximum of elevation, and sometimes comprised the submaxillary glands of the same side.
The cheeks sometimes become swollen, and the submaxillary connective tissue oedematous.
Adenitis takes place in the submaxillary, retro-maxillary, and sublingual glands of the affected side.
- of, relating to, or situated close to the lower jaw
- Of or relating to the lower jaw; mandibular.
- Situated beneath the maxilla.
- An anatomical part, such as a gland or nerve, situated beneath the maxilla.