- a strong, pliant cane or walking stick.
- any of various climbing shrubs with strong stems suitable for making walking sticks.
Origin of supplejack
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for supplejack
The Supplejack was making the best of her way across the Caribbean sea.
The Supplejack had her lower yards across, and most of her stores on board.
Two steamers at last arrived, the second came to relieve the Supplejack.
Many were wounded, and seven dead bodies were carried in on hastily made litters of supplejack vines lashed to poles.The adventures of Kimble Bent
As the Supplejack was likely to be inside of her, there was every probability of her being caught by one or the other.
- a North American twining rhamnaceous woody vine, Berchemia scandens, that has greenish-white flowers and purple fruits
- a liliaceous plant of New Zealand, Ripogonum scandens, having tough climbing vines
- a tropical American woody sapindaceous vine, Paullinia curassavica, having strong supple wood
- any of various other vines with strong supple stems
- US a walking stick made from the wood of Paullinia curassavica
C18: from supple + jack 1