- a person or thing that thrusts.
- Fox Hunting. a rider who keeps in the front of the field.
- Aerospace. a small rocket attached to a spacecraft and used to control its attitude or translational motion.
Origin of thruster
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a person or thing that thrusts
- Also called: vernier rocket a small rocket engine, esp one used to correct the altitude or course of a spacecraft
- an auxiliary propeller on a ship, capable of acting athwartships
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012