- pertaining to or dealing with matters of current or local interest: a topical reference.
- pertaining to the subject of a discourse, composition, or the like.
- of a place; local.
- Medicine/Medical. of, relating to, or applied externally to a particular part of the body; local: a topical anesthetic.
- Philately. any of a collection of different stamps treating the same subject.
Origin of topical
Related Words for topicalnewsworthy, contemporary, modern, nominal, popular, subjective, up-to-date, thematic, confined, insular, limited, parochial, particular, regional, sectional
Examples from the Web for topical
Contemporary Examples of topical
For a while he mines a topical vein: Imelda Marcos, the S&L crisis, AIDS.The Stacks: Robin Williams, More Than A Shtick Figure
August 16, 2014
“Cocaine specifically is still used as a topical anesthetic,” says John Halpern.Why We Need Medical Meth + Cocaine
Valerie Vande Panne
February 22, 2014
Some viewers may get their news from watching “Update” (or other topical TV shows); Fallon got some of his news from writing it.Can Jimmy Fallon Be Himself on ‘The Tonight Show’?
February 17, 2014
It's those attributes, more than the clever writing or topical satire that made the episode such a pleasure to watch.Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake’s Perfect, Cameo-Filled 'Saturday Night Live'
December 22, 2013
Topical Halloween costumes really just reveal the absurd things Americans are obsessed with.The Most Popular Halloween Costumes Through the Years: 1985-2013
October 31, 2013
Historical Examples of topical
It's topical, so there's just a chance they'll use it to-night.People of Position
Stanley Portal Hyatt
"Fact" questions and topical discussions should be interspersed.
In topical discussions the facts should be stated in a logical order.
Such an examination could be called a "topical examination."
The fact is that the topical preface is being overdone these days.
- of, relating to, or constituting current affairs
- relating to a particular place; local
- of or relating to a topic or topics
- (of a drug, ointment, etc) for application to the body surface; local
Word Origin and History for topical
- Of or applied to a definite or localized area of the body.