- tool shed.
- top secret.
- Also t.s. Slang: Vulgar. tough shit.
- Informal. transsexual.
- the 20th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter T or t, as in tub, but, or butter.
- something having the shape of a T.
- a written or printed representation of the letter T or t.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter T or t.
- to a T, exactly; perfectly: That job would suit you to a T.Also to a tee.
Examples from the Web for ts
He is a total... well, c--t. Joffrey was the King of C--ts.
But here's the thing: despite all its darkness and cruelty, the show ultimately doesn't tolerate c--ts.
The reality is much more collaborative; where would Raymond Carver have been without Gordon Lish, or TS Eliot without Ezra Pound?Is This a Book Worth Saving? Considering ‘The Art of Joy’
September 6, 2013
We dragged over to the TS building, an impressive structure.Question of Comfort
A man 'ts got jest a wife might look into a glass now and then.Joyce's Investments
Fannie E. Newberry
On the other hand, Else generally made a half-cross to the ts.Science and the Criminal
C. Ainsworth Mitchell
But the news of the transaction alarmed the ministers of Ts'ae and Ch'in.
Ts'in must be distinguished from Tsin the name of three short but legitimate dynasties.
- the 20th letter and 16th consonant of the modern English alphabet
- a speech sound represented by this letter, usually a voiceless alveolar stop, as in tame
- something shaped like a T
- (in combination)a T-junction
- to a T in every detail; perfectlythe work suited her to a T
- troy (weight)
- statistics distribution
- statistics See Student's t
- absolute temperature
- chem tritium
- biochem thymine
- surface tension
- Thailand (international car registration)
Word Origin and History for ts
to cross one's T's (and dot one's i's) "to be exact" is attested from 1849. Phrase to a T "exactly" is recorded from 1690s, though the exact signification is uncertain, despite much speculation. The measuring tool called a T-square is recorded by that name from 1785.
- Abbreviation of temperature, tesla, thymine
- The symbol for the isotope tritium.
Idioms and Phrases with ts
see dot the i's and cross the t's; to a T.