- pertaining or belonging to a tympanum.
Origin of tympanic
Examples from the Web for tympanic
Historical Examples of tympanic
Inflation of the tympanic bullae is thought to be a specialization.Speciation in the Kangaroo Rat, Dipodomys ordii
Henry W. Setzer
There is no tympanic cavity or auditory ossicle in relation to the ear.
The tympanic and periotic are ankylosed together, but not to any other bones.
The tympanic and periotic are both small and are fused together.
In Dasypus and Chlamydophorus the tympanic bulla is well ossified.
- anatomy architect of, relating to, or having a tympanum
- of, relating to, or resembling a drumhead
- Relating to or resembling a drum of the ear.
- or tym•pa•nal (tĭm′pə-nəl) Of or relating to the tympanic cavity or membrane.