- the art or process of printing with type.
- the work of setting and arranging types and of printing from them.
- the general character or appearance of printed matter.
Origin of typography
Examples from the Web for typography
Contemporary Examples of typography
In addition to their fascination with advertising, the designers of the 1950s and 60s were deeply interested in typography.15 Most Bonkers Chairs at Pop Art Design in London
October 23, 2013
Though illiterate, Castle was drawn to the look and shapes of typography.The Accidental Artist
October 15, 2009
Historical Examples of typography
The purpose of this was merely to preserve uniformity in the typography of the book.Flying Machines
W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
This volume is a perfect luxury to the eye, in its typography and embellishments.
Such an authority, he holds, would be furnished by a school of typography.
Let us begin with an example outside the field of typography.
What, therefore, shall be the typography of books that we love, that we know by heart?
- the art, craft, or process of composing type and printing from it
- the selection and planning of type for printed publications