- not level or flat; rough; rugged: The wheels bumped and jolted over the uneven surface.
- irregular; varying; not uniform: The book is uneven in quality.
- not equitable or fair; one-sided: an uneven contest.
- not equally balanced; not symmetrical or parallel.
- (of a number) odd; not divisible into two equal integers: The numerals 3, 5, and 7 are uneven.
Origin of uneven
Synonyms for unevenSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for unevennessbump, distortion, twist, spasm, hump, imperfection, roughness, change, deviation, flaw, aberration, stop, variation, break, asymmetry, hole, inconsistency, shift, uncertainty, dent
Examples from the Web for unevenness
Contemporary Examples of unevenness
The truth is, there's a lot of unevenness about every season of SNL, stretching back to the classic days.Andy Samberg's ‘SNL’ Finale Was Wonderfully Weird
May 18, 2014
Historical Examples of unevenness
Every unevenness of the slip renders it useless for our purposes.Histology of the Blood
Hence the unevenness of his work, the different values of this or that poem.The Works of Lord Byron, Volume 4
Every unevenness shows when the cover is polished and pressed.Bookbinding, and the Care of Books
This tends to get rid of any unevenness and makes the fibers all parallel.Textiles and Clothing
Kate Heintz Watson
And the expression is so liable to unevenness as to be less worthy than it should be.Expository Writing
Mervin James Curl
- (of a surface, etc) not level or flat
- spasmodic or variable
- not parallel, straight, or horizontal
- not fairly matchedan uneven race
- archaic not equal
- obsolete unjust