- a person or thing regarded with special favor or preference: That song is an old favorite of mine.
- Sports. a competitor considered likely to win.
- a person or thing popular with the public.
- a person treated with special or undue favor by a king, official, etc.: favorites at the court.
- Digital Technology. bookmark(def 3a).
- regarded with particular favor or preference: a favorite child.
Origin of favorite
Examples from the Web for unfavorite
Historical Examples of unfavorite
It was pleasant to be petted and spoiled by favorite cousins and stuffed with belated sweets by unfavorite ones.The Promised Land
Word Origin and History for unfavorite
1580s, from Middle French favorit, perhaps via Italian favorito, past participle of favorire, from favore, from Latin favorem (see favor (n.)). In racing, attested from 1813. As an adjective, by 1711.