- not in a state of good or normal health; in an unsound, weak, or morbid condition.
- symptomatic of or resulting from bad health: an unhealthy pallor.
- not conducive to good health; unhealthful: Night air was formerly considered unhealthy.
- morally bad, harmful, or contaminating: unhealthy examples for the young.
- dangerous; risky: Asking questions in this neighborhood can be unhealthy.
Origin of unhealthy
Synonyms for unhealthy
Examples from the Web for unhealthily
Contemporary Examples of unhealthily
Wetland wildlife would get unhealthily wet, damaging unique ecosystems.California Sinkin’: What Rising Sea Levels Will Mean for the Golden State
June 30, 2012
Historical Examples of unhealthily
They feed pretty largely but unhealthily, and eat pieces at lunch-time.New Worlds For Old
Herbert George Wells
Or it drives him unhealthily outward, quickening the wish for mere stimulants and excitements of mind and interest.To My Younger Brethren
Handley C. G. Moule
Long dwelling upon its power made them unduly and unhealthily conscious of its presence.Religion & Sex
The poor of the Western prairies lie almost as unhealthily close together as do the poor of the city tenements.Other Main-Travelled Roads
Next to him sat Batley, looking thoughtful; and Crestwick sat opposite Lisle, eager and unhealthily flushed.The Long Portage
- characterized by ill-health; sick; unwell
- characteristic of, conducive to, or resulting from ill-healthan unhealthy complexion; an unhealthy atmosphere
- morbid or unwholesome
- informal dangerous; risky