- to bring (a book, figures, or the like) up to date as by adding new information or making corrections: to update a science textbook.
- Computers. to incorporate new or more accurate information in (a database, program, procedure, etc.).
- to bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject: The magazine article will update you on the international situation.
- an act or instance of updating: to make an update in a financial ledger.
- information or data used in updating.
- an updated version, model, or the like.
Origin of update
Related Words for updaterestore, amend, refurbish, renovate, renew, modernize, revise, refresh, rejuvenate
Examples from the Web for update
Contemporary Examples of update
However, it deserves to be carefully studied in order to update the information which is provided to the volunteers.Uh Oh: Ebola Vaccine Trials Stop
December 19, 2014
With 3D printing you can continue to use the file and update.3-D Printing Is Changing the Future of Prosthetics
December 10, 2014
UPDATE: Managing editor Will Dana took greater responsibility for Rolling Stone's errors in a series of tweets Friday evening.Rolling Stone Said Yesterday U-VA Rape Story Was ‘Entirely Credible’
December 5, 2014
Update: It appears Lauten has deleted the apology from Facebook.GOP Flack Throws Shade at First Teens
November 29, 2014
Newer devices may have built-in passwords that are difficult to update.How Your Pacemaker Will Get Hacked
Kaiser Health News
November 17, 2014
Historical Examples of update
The following changes in spelling were made, to update them.A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion
William Dobein James
They came back to Liberty Square with a message: update the attractions.Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
No attempt has been made to edit this book for consistency or to update or "correct" the spelling.The Village Watch-Tower
(AKA Kate Douglas Riggs) Kate Douglas Wiggin
- to bring up to date
- the act of updating or something that is updated