- curved or sloped upward: upswept automobile fenders.
- combed or brushed upward to the top of the head.
Origin of upswept
- to sweep upward.
- to be arranged in an upsweep.
- a sweeping upward, as an increase in elevation or a steep slope.
- a hairdo produced by having the hair combed or brushed upward to the top of the head; an upswept hairdo.
- a strongly pronounced rise in activity, as in business.
- a curved shape of the lower jaw of some animals.
Origin of upsweep
Examples from the Web for upswept
Historical Examples of upswept
Table knife, iron, with incomplete blade originally with upswept and rounded end, but seemingly used after the end was lost.Contributions From the Museum of History and Technology
Ivor Noel Hume
An upswept arrangement which brought out the bone structure of her face rather well but didn't do much else for her.Legacy
James H Schmitz
- a curve or sweep upwards
- US and Canadian an upswept hairstyle
- to sweep, curve, or brush or be swept, curved, or brushed upwards