[waw-ter-bawrn, -bohrn, wot-er-]
- floating or moving on water; supported by water: The ship was waterborne ten months after the keel was laid.
- transported by ship or boat: waterborne commerce.
- communicated by water, especially drinking water: waterborne diseases.
Origin of waterborne
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for waterborne
Typhoid in the vast majority of cases is waterborne, and hence the greatest care should be taken to avoid any dubious pan or pool.War's Brighter Side
It will be noticed that the two ends of these vessels, like the Nile boats of the Egyptians proper, were not waterborne.Ancient and Modern Ships.
George C. V. Holmes
- floating or travelling on water
- (of a disease, etc) transported or transmitted by water